Surrey Downs Health and Care is an innovative partnership between local NHS organisations to provide adult community health services in Surrey Downs (that’s the Epsom, Dorking and East Elmbridge areas) from 1 April 2019. Surrey Downs Health and Care is a partnership between:
The three GP federations that operate in the Surrey Downs area
- GP Health Partners in the Epsom, Leatherhead and Ewell area
- Dorking Healthcare
- Surrey Medical Network in the East Elmbridge area
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
Surrey Council County (associate member).
Historically, there have been boundary lines between the organisations that provide care to people in their homes, in GP surgeries and in hospitals, but we have always been in united in our mission to provide great care to the people who need us. It’s on those grounds that the Surrey Downs Health and Care partnership was formed – we want local people to receive the care that they need in the right environment. Bringing together our expertise will allow us to improve patient care and enable local people to access the right support, care and treatment more easily than ever before.
At the centre of Surrey Downs Health and Care is six primary care networks (PCNs), bringing together GPs and community services staff to provide proactive care to patients in their homes and the local community. The PCNs will:
- Support people in their homes and those living in care homes
- Deploy the most appropriate team member(s) in a co-ordinated and timely way to patients
- Reduce risk of hospital admission for patients when it is not needed
- Work closely with community hospitals and specialist teams, as required.