Once your referral is received by CSH Surrey, you will go onto a waiting list. When you get to the top of this waiting list, we will contact you by letter asking you to call us to make an appointment. Waiting times do vary according to demand across the mid Surrey area. If you have not heard from us within six weeks, please call our Referrrals Management Centre on 020 8394 3868. While you are waiting for your appointment, you may find it helpful to look at the resources below (in Helping you understand your condition).
At your first appointment you will receive a detailed assessment and then agree goals and a treatment plan with the physiotherapist. Treatment may include advice, strengthening and mobility exercises, mobilisation and manipulation, acupuncture, electrotherapy, gait education or classes, eg chronic back pain and back to fitness programmes.
People who may require surgery (eg hip replacements) will be assessed by our specialist physiotherapists.
Helping you understand your condition
There is lots of information and a wide range of resources available to help you better understand your injury, pain or condition, including exercises and other things you can do while waiting to see a physiotherapist. We particularly recommend visiting the following websites:
1) For back pain visit www.sheffieldbackpain.com. Also read our 'Back pain' leaflet (see link at the bottom of this page. 'Neck pain' leaflet also available)
2) For persistent pain visit www.sheffieldpersistentpain.com
3) For shoulder pain visit www.sheffieldshoulderpain.com
4) For hand and elbow pain visit www.sheffieldhandandelbowpain.com
5) For foot and ankle pain visit www.sheffieldfootandanklepain.com
6) For knee and hip pain visit www.sheffieldkneeandhippain.com
7) The NHS 'shared decision making' website (sdm.rightcare.nhs.uk) contains information regarding the following conditions and the best time for treatment options:
8) The NHS Inform website (nhsinform.co.uk/msk/) and App are also very useful sources of information about different conditions.